Letter from Alderman Pawar
Welcome to the 47th Ward Public Service website! Since taking office in 2011, together we have accomplished so much. Our highlights include:
- My office passed six major pieces of city-wide legislation, highlights that include the creation of a City Council Office of Financial Analysis, one of the strongest anti-wage theft ordinances in the country and TIF reform via the TIF Accountability Ordinance. The newly created City Council of Financial Analysis makes Chicago the fourth city in the country to create such an office and one that the Chicago Tribune called bona-fide reform.
- Redirecting local TIF dollars to public projects. Millions of dollars of TIF funds are funding improvements to Sulzer Library, the Lawrence Avenue Streetscape, Clark Park, Lake View High School and Coonley Elementary, etc.
- Redevelopment projects totaling over $300 million including the Ravenswood Station retail center (anchor for Mariano's & LA Fitness), Kerry Wood Cubs Field, Divvy Stations, Lycee Francais, etc.
- Partnered with local entities to create the FREE Mariano's Grocery Senior Shuttle Bus Service.
- Created GROW47 to help organize our community, businesses and residents around neighborhood schools. The goal: create a neighborhood K-12 system. The result: new "Friends of" groups, TIF money to neighborhood schools, funding for new playgrounds, etc.
- And so much more!
My office works very hard to provide high quality constituent services, improve neighborhood schools, improve public safety, and ensure we grow our local economy and create jobs. This is your government and your office; as such, I welcome your ideas and suggestions on how we can work together to improve our community. Keep your ideas coming – send them to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please stop by our office, send us an email or give us a call. We are here to serve you.