>>>>Map of Residential & Industrial Permit Parking & LV2 Zones

>>>> How to Make Changes to Parking Zones

>>>>Look up Your Parking Zone Here (for LV2 see below)

>>>>LV2 Zone Parking Passes (free) for Wrigley Field Night Baseball & Concerts


Purchasing Parking Permits and Guest Passes

Residents on permit zoned streets are eligible to purchase the $25 yearly parking permits (this permit is part of the city sticker). However, the alderman’s office grants exception letters to residents who live on blocks perpendicular to and touching any zoned parking streets. Residential parking permits can be purchased at these two City Clerk of Chicago locations (remember to bring proof of residency):

121 N. LaSalle Street, City Hall Room 107,  312-742-5375,  hours: M-F 8AM-5PM

5430 W. Gale Street,  312-742-5375,  hours: M-F 9AM-5PM
See map below — About 15 minutes away from 47th Ward













Daily guest passes can also be purchased at City Hall or the Gale Street locations. The 47th Ward Office does NOT sell guest passes. Only 45 guest passes can be purchased per month; the cost is $8 for a book of 15 passes. First time buyers must visit a city clerk office. Repeat buyers however may order guest passes online. Scroll over “Residential Parking” and click on “Information.” There is a link to purchase guest passes under the section “About Daily Guest Passes.”

  • Residents living in a Permit Parking Zone may purchase permits for any vehicles registered at that address (see proof of address requirements). If they do not own a registered car they may still be allowed to purchase guest passes.
  • Residents of buffer zones do not require an exception letter for permits and guest passes.
  • Business owners in a permit or buffer zone are allowed to purchase one permit for their vehicle.

Industrial Parking Zones

The Ravenswood Industrial Corridor has special Industrial Parking Zones only for use by businesses on those blocks. To apply, complete this form and mail it as indicated on the form. Be sure to include payment by check or money order. Then the Department of Finance will process the form and check. Allow one month turn-around to receive the permits in the mail back to you.