Smart911 is a free, online platform that allows users to securely enter important medical and household information in their Safety Profile to help plan ahead for an emergency situation. This information will automatically display for dispatchers when the user dials 9-1-1. Currently, Smart911 is trusted by 32 million people in thousands of communities nationwide to stay safe.
How can you sign up?
Sign up at www.Smart911.com or download the free app in the iTunes & Google Play stores now and have life-saving capabilities at your fingertips, 24/7.
How can Smart911 keep your family safe?
Today, 75% of 911 calls are made from cell phones, making it difficult for call takers to determine the exact location of an emergency. By creating a Smart911 Safety Profile with up-to-date information, 911 dispatch staff is better prepared to help you and your family in an emergency.
When creating your Safety Profile, you can include things about:
- Allergies – Does someone in your family have an allergy to food or medication? 911 dispatchers will be able to immediately inform first responders.
- Autism– Does your child have Autism? Do they have a tendency to wander or hide when scared? Uploading a photo and a physical description of your child makes them easier to locate in case of an emergency.
- Alzheimer’s – Do you have a parent or older relative living with you that suffers from Alzheimer’s or dementia? First responders will be better prepared to help.
- Animals– Do you have pets? This information can assist firefighters in their search to bring everyone, including your pets, to safety.
- Hearing Impairments: Do you have a loved one who may be deaf, hard of hearing or nonverbal? A 9-1-1 operator can initiate a text message with a notification on Safety Profiles that text is preferred. In addition, if the caller is disconnected from the call or has poor cell phone coverage, a 9-1-1 operator can initiate a text to stay connected.
….as well as current medications, physical disability, mental health, home layout, emergency contacts, and more.
Know someone who doesn’t speak English? Don’t worry. They can add their information in any language and Smart911 will automatically translate it for them. Residents can also indicate that they or someone in the household has difficulty communicating in English. By having that information included in the profile, when 911 is called, the call taker can immediately engage the language interpreter in the primary language to better assist residents in an emergency.